Thread: 92 Firebird
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #73
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

I got my alarm installed today. I forgot what a pain it is to take the rear panels apart so it took a lot longer than I expected. Also I had to put some relays in to activate the lock/unlock function since GM uses + to engage the locks and this system uses - , I needed the relay to "invert" the signal. Well that wasn't working, Turns out I found an error in the Helm manual. There are some power taps on the back of the fuse panel, I wanted to use them so the wires wouldn't be in the way if I needed to swing the block down. Turns out one of the taps that is labeled BAT is actually IGN. Took a while to realize.

Otherwise this is cool. Just walk up to the car with key in pocket and the doors unlock, walk away and re-lock.

Next weekend should bring the completion of my gauge cluster lighting. The oil and water gauge isn't lit up, something must have gotten disconnected when I put it back together and the dimmer isn't working. I bought some white LED's to help distribute lighting a little more evenly for the numbers since the blue only really light up the hash marks.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote