View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
zraffz

Tire/Wheel combo

I'm in the process of switching over my street/strip car into strictly a drag car and blasting a big shot of nitrous (around 250-300) through it.
(Forged 355, bowl ported heads with 2.02"/1.6" valves, CC503, Holley 670 carb, GMP intake, TDP built T56). The car is being built for test & tune and Friday Night street legal races but my local track is pretty lenient with what they consider a street car... not really looking to fit into any specific class or bracket race.

The car currently has 17" replica C5 Z06 wheels on it with 275/40/17s and I am looking to shed some weight off the front tires with skinnies and running a rear tire with a little more sidewall and better compound.

I'm willing to run whatever size wheel will fit but I can't go much bigger than a 26" tall tire. I have LS1 front brake calipers and rear LCA relocation brackets. Can I clear a 15" or 16" tire and how wide can I go on what backspacing?
zraffz is offline   Reply With Quote