View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #29
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
The best will be the chummins fan boys who always claim "real" diesels are inline motors, and now... theres an almighty "C" on a V8.

Silly chummins you're not a duramax, go home your drunk.
When they start putting duramax motors (or variants) in real trucks let me know. Heck even ford won't put their own diesel into their own med duty trucks, they call on the Cummins 6.7 ISB when there's real work to be done. And Chevrolet is too scared to build a true medium duty truck anymore and got out of the segment (Kodiak and TopKick) last I checked.

The Duramax might be good motors in pickup platforms, I don't know because I don't own/drive one everyday. But if you check the classifieds, the ratio of high mileage Cummins powered rigs that hold their value and are still on the road far outpaces similar Duramax powered rigs, and its not even close. That's not by accident. And now that Cummins has a V-8 variant in the Titan, we'll see how quickly (or not) they are able to school the Duramax crowd on how to do it with a V-8. Should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Nothing like a 12valve
Amen. Shouldn't have sold my 97. My "new to me" 2004.5 HO 5.9 HPCR just ain't the same, but I'm still getting used to it.

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote