View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #33
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

camaro is still on the road. drive it 1.5 hrs yesterday and fired off some line-lock burnouts. took gopro video etc.
it will come off the road for the season in a few weeks though.

Well,
As much as it sucks, I'm glad that this happened at the end of the year, rather than mid year or before an event....
... I have to pull out the transmission and send it back to the builder in Georgia. It is rated for 650 flywheel hp and 675 tq with all sorts of upgraded internals.. and even though I do hammer on the car, it still should have handled it. It is slipping heavily on the 3-4 upshift under moderate throttle. it will go into 4th, but only while I am coasting. The trans is under warranty still, so as I have been speaking to the builder (Pro Built Automatics), I was told to pull it out and sent it back for a refresh. I put about 4,200 miles on it since I installed it last fall.

also:
since certain plans for next winter WILL be a BADASS smallblock rocking in the neighborhood of 500 hp n/a with a 200 wet shot.. I am considering dropping the fuel tank to upgrade to a larger pump, in order to save myself some work next winter. I've done a pump in the car before, and I just replaced it with a stock flow rated one. ( This may have been the source of my "lean" issue while racing at NJMP etc.) Not sure what size to go with? 220? If i go bigger now with a weak ass engine, it couldn't hurt anything right? I have my adjustable fuel pressure regulator to handle psi. I'll probably start a full other thread about this and my "build" soon instead of a Q&A here..

- going to upgrade to Koni yellow shocks and struts all around
- have to send my MSD Digital 6 ignition box back to MSD because it is acting wacky
- various exterior and interior tasks
- troubleshoot my "groaining" front pass brake, (sometimes it makes a low groaning sound when squeaking...not all the time, sometimes cold sometimes when hot, maybe foreign substance got on/into a pad??? braking is even side to side)
- oil, rear, trans (obviously) fluids replaced, filters, grease job, etc,
-visit local performace engine building shops and do my own research to determine a clear, detailed plan of attack for next winter

my winter house project (fully finishing my basement) eats up a lot of my $budget, but if I can work enough overtime, I might consider upgrading from my 10 bolt to a 12 bolt setup. I would bring over and bolt on my current C4HD disc brake setup but have moser, currie, or strange build it

Last edited by IROCZman15; 11-29-2017 at 07:18 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote