Thread: Hood mounting
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Hood mounting

So my little build is at the assembly point. Which means body parts must go back on. Some of you may remember i scored a VFN sunoco hood for $100, so now its time to get it mounted.

I ditched all the factory hood latch and safety catch stuff from the start. Before i bought the car home i knew the hood was going to be a pin on style. So lets go over the options.

1. Classic Hood Pins

PRO- Cheapest, simple to install, and i feel they are idiot proof with a minimal chance of failure

CON- This isnt the 70s anymore so they dont look the best.

Aerocatch Hood Pins

PRO-Better Looking, pretty trick set up

CON- Unless you purchase the locking ones(which are even more $) i feel like they can catch enough air under them to open. Maybe im crazy but eh, have to cut out fancy ship in hood.

Dzus Rail

PRO- I think they are the best looking of the bunch, pretty low chance of failure i would think, middle price.

CON- My only gripe with these are install. I dont really feel to good drilling 4 holes in the hood, and then 2 smaller holes next to each larger hole for rivets. And getting everything to line up i would think is a nightmare.

Ive seen a lot of guys run "classic" hood pins with no issues, and i really dont mind running them, but what does everyone think?
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote