Thread: Hood mounting
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #9
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

this is the response
Quote:
hatch Quik-Latch update!

Using just the two latches simply wasn't enough, and if you guys remember back to my first race of the season, I had some issues with them not latching in the burnout box. Well I spoke with Quik-latch, and they said it sounds like the internal tolerances opened up (they have a manufacturing spec I won't share, but basically it allows for some lateral movement). Once the tolerances opened up, the retaining balls would no longer hold onto the stud. We talked about using 2 more in the middle, but packaging a mount for the stud looked like more work than I was interested in getting into (though it may have been less work long term than what I ended up doing, lol!). Quik-Latch offered to replace the 2 beat up latches, so I shipped them out Monday. Here's to hoping they honor their lifetime warranty. I could use them somewhere else on the car, or on some other project (they work great on cabinet doors and stuff too!)

I installed some Aerocatch latches over the last 2 days. These are awesome. This is the 4th set I've installed, but the first set I did in a steel panel. They're big bastards, no matter how you look at it. they require huge holes in the hood, and space underneath just for existence sake. Once installed though, they're the best thing since sliced bread. I have about 4 hours total in the install (a solid 45 mins of that last night was talking to Chucky on the phone about his fuel system for the DirtyBird though, lol!!!)
He is using them to hold down the rear deck on a 3rd gen Camaro

Last edited by PolarBear; 09-15-2017 at 02:17 PM.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote