View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 10:48 AM   #101
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I had the car all prepped and ready to go to the Test and Tune this past Friday night at Island. All I had to do was pack some food and drinks and hit the road at 4:30pm. Website said T.B.D. for T&T all week long. Decided to phone call, .. when I learned they are not yet ready to hold Friday night T&T events. Total bummer. unpacked the tools from the car and did some test hits on the highway instead. I have been working on dialing in the WOT base table and ensuring my fuel modifier parameters are all coming in properly and correctly.

IF Island does decide to open this Friday for T&T, I plan on going. New Tach is installed along with the 80psi oil pressure gauge and sending unit. I was able to acquire a free HP laptop from one of my neighbors (fellow hot rodder with a mid 70's el camino project car) and we got it all setup with the sniper software. I will soon order the proper wire and dongle to connect the laptop to the ecm, but for now I am still removing the sim card from the handheld and putting it into the laptop.

also installed a 1/2" Phenolic carb spacer (4 hole) to get rid of the notorious "sniper whistle" under mid throttle.. and to keep engine heat soak off of the tbi/ecm. I've driven the car several times since and the whistle is gone, and there is a much less difference in heat soak up to the sniper. Might help a very little with some power too, but I didnt feel anything while street driving.

didn't like the black plastic look, so painted the sides

didnt want to run the risk of scratching the fancy air cleaner lid on the hood, so I decided to do some cutting and trimming for peace of mind.

Saturday, I am signed up for the Autocross event at MetLife stadium. It is the M.S.N.E. event. the S.C.C.A. event for sunday was sold out right away so I could not get registered for that. I have never done a MSNE event, but I don't expect it to be too different.
So, current plan are drag racing friday, autocross saturday. If there is no T&T friday night, perhaps I will go to T&T at Island on Sunday instead. Otherwise, there are some car cruises/gatherings on Sunday, so potentially, if all goes really relay well, I could possibly do Drag racing Friday, autox saturday, car show/cruise sunday.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote