View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 10:53 PM   #112
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

yea, I think I am just about almost at the point of dialing down the Learn %. I agree with what you are saying.

I will probably look through some of the tune files and datalogs tomorrow night. maybe I will screen shot stuff and post it here in case anyone felt like examining them with me in case I am missing something?

thanks hazguy for sending me the website for the track photo guy. I was not loking for him on Friday night, so I am unsure if he was there takign photos. Some of the ones he got of me back on June 6 are pretty good, but I am behind the cneter barrier.

I can feel that the car is hooking and the MT ET Streets are not spinning. thats a win there; very glad I got these tires. . But I am seeing some 1.70s on the 60 foot now, and hoping to bring that down a little bit more. I mostly have always revved-up to 2,000 and left. I think only on pass 5 of the Friday session I left at a lower 1,100 rpm.. not from a true 900 rpm idle. and on that pass it did the same 1.70 which was cool, but it actually felt better in the seat. Think my e.t.s and 60ft would be slower if I left from a dead idle and let the converter flash then? I can feel the nose come upwards a bit, but that last 1.70 60ft seems very close to some other 60fts when I was leaving at a "higher rpm". The tires are hooking, and the removed front sway bar is helping too. I had middle 3/5 settings on both front struts and rear shocks that day (June 6).. but this Friday I had the fronts on a 3/5 middle setting and went tighter 4/5 in the rear (koni yellows, are only single adjustable).
-even though it would hurt my E.T., I am wondering if I could "waste" a pass next time and set the rear shocks very low and the front ones high, and maybe just maybe get a little air under the front driver's tire for a photo? think its possible? aside from struts/shocks what else could I temporarily change in order to possibly yank a tire up for a pass, and then change it all right back in order to make a quicker pass? leave off a low idle ? or am I too far into the "wishful thinking zone" and I don't stand a chance of pulling a wheel up before I pipe in the nitrous to this car?

here is his photos from 3 weeks ago:
(my 60fts that day were: 1.88, 1.79,1.78, 1.80, 2.08, 1.78, 1.76, 1.73, 1.73, 1.73, 1.76) pretty certain I was leaving from a 1800-2200 rpm launch that day.

If he did take photos from friday, I ill look at them too, but I was in the far lane for 4 out of 5 passes....
(but my 60ft and launches were 1.75, 1.70, 1.72, 1.72, and 1.70

Last edited by IROCZman15; 06-29-2020 at 11:10 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote