View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 09:46 PM   #115
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Larry, thanks man!
I looked at the site, good stuff there. At this point, I can't sacrifice the general overall appearance under hood to have one of those style looking pumps. I'd have to reconfigure some line (no big deal really) but im trying to avoid a full re-working of the PS system at this point, and I much prefer the traditional "teardrop" style with a polished finish.
- I have contacted the company that I bought the pump from in April and we are trying to work something out to get a fair priced replacement. I know for SURE I am adding a fluid cooler for the power steering fluid on the low-pressure line. I will take some measurements tomorrow for a cooler and order it soon. tube and fin style I am thinking. However, If the company is willing to send me a replacement pump, or discounted price pump of the exact same model, I will simply go that route for now and ensure I have the large fluid cooler installed. The UMI autocross event is only 16 days away, so i dont want to leave this till last minute.

Which brings me to my other topic, drag racing.
I am still hopeful to put this car into the high 11's N/A this year. Still working out some tuning stuff, and wayfast84 said he is willing to let me borrow some front "skinnies". I am also still hopeful to change the shocks and suspension around to pull a small wheelie on one of the passes where I wont be gunning for an 11. However, I am not sure if I will be taking the car to the dragstrip in the next two weekends prior to the UMI autocross. Not sure if thats a smart move.

Anyways, I would love to borrow wayfasts drag skinnies, but I also think its a good idea to start looking around for a cheap used set in case he isn't available on one of the days I plan to go to the track. I tried a bunch a searching online classifieds, and nothing can be found locally on ebay, craigslist, even racingjunk etc. Pop-up ads from the big performance companies just fill up the search results, all wanting me to buy new ones.
-So if anyone knows someone who would be willing to loan, rent, or sell me a "Cheap" pair of skinnies for the rest of the year, let me know.

I tried to do some research on thirdgen.org and on the corvette forum about what skinnies would fit. I run the C4-HD brake upgrade kit from Ed Miller flynbye, so the rotor is 13" diameter and the caliper adds some meat back there too. I have never dabbled with skinnies up front, so I don't know how tight backspacing measurements can be compared to a "normal" wheel. Some of the corvette guys use a 15" diameter wheel with a 5/16" spacer, and others don't need to do anything. Just trying to plan ahead and think of everything I can, before trying to bolt up a set and finding out they wont work. thoughts?

I eventually want to get a full set of 4 when it comes to drag wheels. something nice for the car, but with me running my old iroc wheels and MT ET street's out back for this year, I can be ok to sacrifice the car's looks for a used-but-functional set of skinnies which might help get me into the 11's and help to get a wheelie photo.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote