View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 07:54 PM   #176
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched73 View Post
I'd skip the vac pump for brakes and go manual brakes. If you add a vac pump put it on your crankcase. That should actually net you a few HP

woah, I never considered that. never crossed my mind! I am going to have to look into how manual brakes will work with my street/drag/autocross/show setup. its a winter project for sure, but this is exactly why I appreciate getting advice/guidance form you guys on the forums. thanks man

also, again, thank you for the fiberglass rocker panel you gave me. I finally had a chance to put paint on it today. I body-worked that section that had some scrapes on it over the past few weeks and primered it. knowing it is a rocker panel and down low, I did not have it professionally painted, but instead walked down the street to my neighbors house and we painted it there. he has a good setup with a big compressor, several guns, and a water separator device and whatnot. sow e did 4 coats of single stage paint, the same can of paint/reducer/activator that I painted my engine bay with. It will need some very light sanding with 2,000 grit paper and then a buffing, but I am happy with how it turned out.

]

had a little time today to check on the starter issue, so i removed the pasenger side header and pulled the starter out,. I checked the gear/bendix and saw that it had a significant amount of lateral play to it. a few people have given me the technical diagnosis and I am happy to learn that its not something I directly caused. see 20 second video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0AwTeODU8s

Considered ordering a starter from summit/jegs but decided to stop by Bruces speed shop and I was able to physically look at the starters to visually see what one would work best. Decided on this Powermaster unit. Ran out of time today to get it installed, and didn't want to just rush putting it all back together, so I will do that friday. want to make sure it is shimmed right and clocked right and the teeth engagement is spot on. no sense rushing through that.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote