View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 08:20 PM   #185
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

ah gotcha. yea, the cost to re-gear is also a road-block for me also.

took some time today to wet sand and compound the replacement GFX piece that I painted 5 days ago. 4 coats of single stage paint was bound to leave some orange peel from an amateur painter like me. so, I hit it with 2,000 grit wet and then 3,000 grit wet. compounded it by hand twice, and then used some hand polish on it. did not wax or seal it yet, I want to wait another week to do that. I did not spend too much time/effort on the underside because nobody is going to see that anyways.

did my best to get it to have a good shine and reflective finish by hand:

surprised nobody has asked me about why I cut a half-circle out of the middle of the underside! well, my S&W subframe kit has a support bar that goes to the rocker area, and this is where I usually put a floor jack to lift the side of the car. it has always been ultra close to crushing my old GFX piece, so I made a generous cut-out on the new one in order to easily give myself room for the floor jack pad to get into place .

oh well, I am glad to not have the broken piece held on by tape anymore, and this cost me only a few bucks for the panel from wretched and also I already had the paint, and supplies. mistake repaired.

to:

Last edited by IROCZman15; 08-24-2020 at 08:34 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote