View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 08:30 PM   #197
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I agree. I definitiely agree. Sometimes I get impatient while I am trying to figure out what I did right/wrong the previous pass and I rush my decision making. I know that time is limited and I try to make the most out of each track day.

I think I want to try to short shift the 1-2 shift. I don't know if I am wasting time/speed above 6,000 rpm in 1st gear. If I shift maybe around 5,700.. I can get into 2nd gear and rev that out to 6,200 and hopefully get into 3rd gear a bit sooner so I can be closer to my max hp peak as I am crossing the finish ? Does this sound accurate or ?

I am wondering if I spun on the launch during the last two runs because I softened the shocks more (after run 3) and launched at a higher rpm, and lowered the tire pressure 1 psi, and maybe the track temp was getting colder? Should have kept the shocks and tire pressure the same because it was working just fine. I was in search of a better 60 foot, but instead caused it to spin. I am also wondering if I need to do a better burnout? In the car I cant see what the tires are doing, but i usually let go of the line lock after 3-4 seconds. Sometimes i have foot braked and try to do the same 3-4 second burnout. I make sure I roll out from the burnout with the tires still spinning to get rid of any remaining water.

I hope to really refine what I need to do in the next few weeks and put together a few really proper runs. it was a little more challenging this Friday with no shift light and trying to go back to watching the dash gauge needle.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote