View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 11:22 AM   #7
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS View Post
my ss drifts like nobodys business, 40 mph in 2nd and with a crack of the throttle in any type of turn, i can throw the car around anyway i want. I found that out the other day, actually by accident. lol. My car is slammed up front and soon it will be down in the back again too, i would assume eliminating body roll would be one main goal.
well how much horse are you running in it, not to bash LT1's I love em, but they dont have as much power as you got running thru, I know i know, its just stock he can do better,he can put bolt ons on it, but its according to his budget, in the end hed be better off buying a nissan and spend the money on a VQ30E engine swap and suspension mods which would turn out to be cheaper, and more plausible to the drifting genre. sure SS you can get it to break, but how long can you hold it, and can you transfer your slide to the opposite side without spinning out, this is when our weight comes into play, with alot of weight we have to be honest, in the rear, even wiht a setup of "stiff and low", it wont sustain a drift proprely. you wonder why you dont see any of our cars even in the backyard drifting scene. our cars ar abundant like a 240, corolla ( RWD version also knwon as AE85's AE86's and such) or S14, etc. were not expensive like a 350Z so why dont we see them, cause we dont make good drift cars period.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote