View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 06:38 AM   #9
98tadriver
10 Second Club; Has fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
Well I hate to be the one to bear the bad news, the short answer about F-Bodies, is that their not a good drift car, infact their horrible as one. THe way our weight is balanced in the car, the fact that we have a solid rear axle instead of live axles like in vettes, our turning ratio, just how heavy we are and such, makes our cars not worth trying to make into drift cars.Ive been there, i thought about it, but in the end, youd have to blow a pretty penny to make it remotely driftable, that and youd have to make some one off parts like taking a jaguar live axle rear and putting it in and such, somethign i would do.......but not needed to do lol. beter off you get a 240sx and start from there. its better we go in a straight line, and arent even the best autocross cars.
I drifted my car around Rt 55 onramp (it would be getting on from exit 26) it was fun. 2nd gear, about 35mph or so, i put the clutch in, blurped the throttle, dumped the clutch and just blurped it every now and then. it felt very controllable too! Its called the driver mod.

2001 Corvette, Bolt ons , tuned 10.75@124.56 mph 1.38 60' Sold

1997 Saturn Sc1 5spd DOHC swapped
Bolt ons, decked head, stock intake cam on exhaust side, lotsa weight redux
13.22@102.32 mph 1.93 60'
12's on moda? One day
98tadriver is offline   Reply With Quote