View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #10
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tadriver View Post
I drifted my car around Rt 55 onramp (it would be getting on from exit 26) it was fun. 2nd gear, about 35mph or so, i put the clutch in, blurped the throttle, dumped the clutch and just blurped it every now and then. it felt very controllable too! Its called the driver mod.
Well thats not that hard to do on a ramp, hell I can do that with my V6 camaro, but its not only sliding it, its also getting it to change direction as well, like on a course itll go right to left, and you have to be able to do that without your car spinning out. You can make your car a drift car ,but itll take some money. if your all out serious, go to a u-pull it and find an independant jag rear, fab that to make it work and go from there. Why do I say get a jag rear, cause to me its hard to find japanese I.R.'s and arent as strong as a jag rear to be honest. Alot of home built race cars in teh 60's and 70's used jag rears for their cheap parts, dependability, and easy maintinence. And like they said, you wanna go low and stiff, otherwise the weight will shift too much and cause you to spin out. also you need a good amount of power coming from the engine. drifting is actually controlled by the throttle 80% and steering 20%. if your tires cant spin enough to keep it sideways, they'll gain traction, and the end result will be spinning out, or a premature slide. so look around on drift sites and ask what needs to be stiffened, what needs to me loosened, what rated or style tire you need to use, and such. like I said itll take big bucko's so to me, if you wanted a drift car, buy a 240SX and put a 300ZX motor in it,which I heard make those cars fly like they got wings. or get a 86-92 Supra turbo, and go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 05-23-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote