View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #11
ShadowHawk
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorched SS View Post
Ill tell you straight up a lot of shops dont like HOK paints - especially if they're not familiar w/ them.... they'll prolly charge extra just for NOT using there systems. Otherwise, painting a whole car is A LOT of work to do properly - even if your car needs no body work, to repaint a new color requires that every body panel be taken off, shot, cleared, then re-installed, gapped & then rubbed out... the cost of doing it right is completely worth it.

I say $5k-$6k is a pretty good deal - the lowest I've heard is around here $8k
I know what's involved, but it's NOT $6-10k worth of work. I even offered to rip the car apart myself and put it back together when it's done, and THAT was the $6k quoted job! WTF?!

There's a guy on LS1 Tech that does paint/body work, I think he's a sponsor. The quality of his work speaks for itself, he can DEFINATELY hang with the best out there. I just saw a thread were he redid a guy's WS6 the sickest red I've ever seen.

Unfortunately he's in Florida but i asked him and he said for a complete paint job minus the engine bay(i want to keep it black), he'd want $3000. This is for the entire job, door jambs, trunk, and everything, done the right way. It even included all the paint and 2 coats of clear. I really don't see what could make such a price difference between here and Florida.

Guys around here are OUT OF THEIR MINDS, I don't care what anyone says. I'm even debating taking a trip down to Florida for this. Even with the cost of the trip it'll be cheaper than the pre-madonna's around NJ.

I just don't understand why it's so unheard of to get a good paint job for less than WHAT I PAID FOR THE CAR.

Last edited by ShadowHawk; 02-28-2008 at 12:44 PM.
ShadowHawk is offline   Reply With Quote