View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 11:48 PM   #60
WSex

Well here's a short and sweet update for nj a few months back. Rent a pretty kickass rv and drive it down. Car passes tech and we go for some drinks. Wake up and it's race day 1st Driver goes out and comes back with the car overheating. So we run some tests and discover the headgasket is shot. So me and my cousin load the car up while the other 2 racers and family stay at the track and enjoy the day. 2 hours later we get to newark and tear this thing up. Pulled the head and the head is cracked along with a melted piston (pump leaning out right hand turns with no 02 sensors) here we go. So we lie to our teammates and tell them indeed it's the gasket and we will be back for dinner. 3 of my friends are pulling the engine 2 of us go to pick up a Craigslist motor. Buy the motor come back and discover it's an obd1 and we need obd2. Pull the rods and pistons along with the head for our original block. Wrenching away 5 people in total disassembling 2 engines to make 1. Its Saturday night. It gets late everyone is running on energy drinks. The bars close. We get distracted by this

Now it's 7am. Our teamates and family went for breakfast. We are nowhere to be found. We get back to race. Car does 12 laps and spins a rod bearing.

Moral of story.
Don't let your cousin put 12 rod caps in 1 box
(Granted , Guy does mortgages for a living not work on cars)

Car is at Mechanic shop now getting ready for October race in michigan.

We bought a donor car to discover it has a 2.5 instead of the 2.8 but now we are running an upgraded intake manifold a double in tank pump left bank and right bank. an aluminum flywheel and a custom dyno tune if Kats is up for it
WSex is offline   Reply With Quote