View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 06:41 PM   #63
blown69rat

Ok, the one guy on the site who does NOT have an f-body...time for me to chime in!! LOL

From what I understand, Tim, Justin, and the rest of the guys do the best they can with what they have, and from what I understand, they do a pretty good job. I've read every suggestion in this thread, some are good, some are not, and some are just WAY out there!! Here's my thoughts on what has been said, my knowledge of the show (although, I am going with 2nd hand info since I don't attend), and maybe some helpful info from someone who runs shows:
1. Participant vote is just that. If people vote for one car to win multiple awards, it's gonna happen every year. If you leave it participant vote, maybe change that up a bit...Participant vote goes for "x" awards. "Specialty" awards like best in show, best engine, etc are prof. judged
2. EXPAND!!!!!!!! In this I mean (like what is said), get the word out there more. Try and get BIG names involved (which is not hard to do). Play around with the name of the show (East Cost F-Body Nationals), get sponsors to pay for the awards.
3. door prizes and goody bags. I haven't seen anything mentioned about this. Do you guys have them??
4. Modify the awards. In my PERSONAL opinion they need to be tweaked a bit.
5. Open the car show up to possibly other vehicles. DON'T TAKE OFFENSE ON THIS ONE. If you look at quite a few tracks around, when they do a "all chevy show", their turnout is 250+ cars!! What I am saying is actually doing a show within a show. Run an all chevy show (or gm show) and run the f-body nats within it. Basic car show and awards for everyone else, the f-body nats guys would have different awards, etc. This way you could easily double the car show count and possibly the spectator turnout. By doing this, you end up with more money for the track, more money for other stuff.
6. Like Joe said, run a true street type event for the racing guys with awards for quickest, 10.0. 12.0, etc.
7. Maybe give a $50-100 payout to the guy racing with the best reaction time.
8. How many cars were racing, maybe doing awards for top 10 race cars. This would have to chosen by those running the event.
9. Maybe have a daily driver class for everyone who does drive their car everyday. This would seperate the occasionally driven show cars from the guys who drive their car everyday but also like to show them off.

I have lots more ideas that could or could not help. But for now, this can give you guys something to "chew" on. With that being said, change is always good, sometimes for the better and sometimes not. Some of these suggestions might help in one way but hurt in another, so take them as you will.
Brian

www.fullhousemotorsports.com
"I was trying to impress. And sometimes, scary tends to impress."

Last edited by blown69rat; 08-25-2008 at 06:43 PM.