View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #68
kazman

I guess its about time I made a comment about the event.

I don't do the show side. I was involved in showing Pontiac's in the '80's and got back into the shows with my wife's MGB in the late '90's. Same issues then as now. Always issues with the show classes, popular vote vs judge, stock vs modified classes, owner with the deepest pockets, red convert vs the 4 door cab, etc. I did notice that a lot more were showing than racing. I think that each year the show will get better and more organized. Each year the show is evulated and changes are made. Show people, please give constructive ideas and ones that don't directly benifit you. Thinks of the big picture.

On the racing side. I was happy this year with the classes. I think the rain really kept many away. There was only 1 in the real street tire class. The classes were merged and he was forced to run with the race tire cars. I think he should of received a win for his class then allowed to race in the the other class if he wanted. I really though that the true street tire class would attract a bunch of cars. ??????? Maybe have a pre-race "bracket racing class" for beginners so they feel more confortable in running the car. I did feel a little rushed and confused in the pits waiting for my class to be called. I almost missed a time shot. Maybe an earlier gate time to let the group get organized and to let the participants know what's going on. Higher payouts would attract more bracket racers which in turn would discourage newcommers. Perhaps a trophy only class for street and drag radial tire cars (BFG, Nitto, and Mickey Thompson Street Radials). If you do want to attract more racers schedule the event after bracket points are done (after September). A fall meet may bring out more cars.

Last thing is a THANK YOU for all the hard work done by just a handful. I always look forward to this event. See ya next year for an even better event. Oh yea just once I would like to see good weather on the Friday Mustang vs F-body race.

'07 Ford Mustang GT Alloy Metallic
4.6 Auto, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, Diablo 91 octane tune, drag radials, and a saftey loop. What else do I need for a 14 second bracket car?