View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #253
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Worked on my other bezel tonight. I cut the hole out for the indicator cluster that I bought and mounted it.

Then I put my Carbon FiBear Veneer on the panel and trimmed it all to fit. I bonded the veneer to the bezel with contact cement. After it was set up I cut the excess off, cut the holes for the gauges and sanded the edges of the veneer so it is the same size as the panel.

Took a few hours to do all this and a few cuts, and a few bleeding fingers...... The plastic is still on the veneer in this picture. I have to open up the 2 1/16" holes for the angle rings that I am going to use, going to use the die grinder tomorrow to make short work of that, then I can peel the plastic and mount the gauges in this panel instead of the factory one that I modified in the other picture.

I do have two switches to mount in the panel and I am not sure whether I want to put the cigarette lighter in or leave it out. Alternatively, I bought a dual USB power charger that mounts like a cig lighter, but I am not sure whether I want to put that in the panel either. I REALLY like the carbon look, but the panel kind of looks empty without anything over there. I guess I'll see how the panel looks with the gauges in there and make my decision afterwards.

Last edited by PolarBear; 11-22-2013 at 08:18 PM.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote