View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #263
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Here is the mostly completed panel with the gauges.

I am a little disappointed with a few minor things, but it won't be noticeable mounted in the car. When I used the hole cutter for the lighter it forced some chips in between the bezel and the veneer. I picked out what I could but there is still some crap in there and the hole around the lighter isn't flat so it looks funny in the light. And I am also not happy with the veneer in the bends to the sides, it pulled away from the aluminum even though I used a dowel and clamps there. It's not the end of the world, but I know it's like that. I have another piece of carbon veneer that I can re-do it if I ever really want to fix those problems.

I have to file out the notch for the headlight switch a little as the one cut is too small for the headlight switches I have, that won't take long to fix though. Also the little red switch under the speedo is a momentary for the reverse lockout solenoid. I will wire that in series using power from the brake light switch so I have to brake and press the button to engage the solenoid. Unfortunately I broke this switch when I was mounting it, the back side is plastic. As I was holding it and tightening the nut on the front the plastic on the reverse tore and it isn't going to work.
I also have to make up a bracket for the dash side, all the tabs on my dash are broken, so I have no way to mount the cluster in there. For now it sits in the spot and will stay put, but it may move around a bit.

Last edited by PolarBear; 11-26-2013 at 08:14 PM.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote