View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 06:48 PM   #347
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

So I got the new throwout bearing for the 5 speed 3rd gen setup that will work for this combination. I will need to plumb it once I get everything in the car, should only need a short piece of hose from the master to the bellhousing and a few -3 fittings. I am going to hard plumb some stainless tube from the bearing to the edge of the bell, where the shift fork comes through and secure it to the bell with a clamp, so I don't have to worry about anything moving around inside there. I don't like the thought of putting hose all the way in there.

I have slowly been ordering parts and getting stuff done with the engine. Tonight I got the broken bolt out of the head, I just fired up the MIG and turned up the voltage and got that bi tch orange hot, then got a nut on it and it came right out. I have one head off and all scrubbed clean with new valve seals and now that I got out the bolt, I can pull the other off and get it cleaned up. BUT, I think I convinced myself to put a cam in the engine I was just going to put it back in as inexpensive as possible, but things keep snowballing. The more I was cleaning stuff the more I wanted more stainless bolts, so the ARP Stainless bolt kit is $$$, so I thought, why not a timing set, this one seems pretty loose. But then I thought, well why put in a new timing set if I am using the stock cam and springs. If I put a cam in it, I guess I should do a rocker trunnion upgrade, and an oil cooler..... and

So I have no chance of getting this all in the car by the end of the weekend now. Fortunately I keep jumping on little projects for the Suburban at the same time. I cleaned up some of the parts for that, and I am getting ready to bead blast them.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote