View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 07:28 PM   #256
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Pretty much almost finished...

Got everything buttoned up after making one small shim adjustment to the pinion's solid spacer. It was just a bit too tight, now it is perfect for rotational drag. Put the housing cover on, added the recommended NON-SYNTHETIC Lucas 80-90 gear oil and tightened up the main cap support bolts in the cover. Hung the axle back in the car and got everything back into place.
- I am seriously debating removing the emergency/parking brake cables and assembly from the rear discs. I never use the brake, and they are always a pain in the butt when I go to get the calipers mounted. Always a hassle. Might remove them and leave the handle inside the car (for aesthetics).

Did a very brief test after bolting on the wheels and bleeding the brakes. This was NOT to break the rear in, but just to make sure I didn't hear or see any odd noises from the rear, driveshaft, brakes, or anything.

Short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ibYF7_vYo

I will get the car out soon to do a road test and break in the gears according to what Moser and US Gear recommends:

Then I will get under the car, wipe everything down clean, lube the suspension, and check the torque on all the bolts/fasteners. i also want to check/adjust my driveline angle too. That should do it!

Last edited by IROCZman15; 01-26-2021 at 09:08 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote