Thread: New Homeowner
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 11:41 AM   #8
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Thanks everybody.

Primary things right now are getting the moss off the roof, re-flashing chimney, painting rooms and trim (sloppy paint work there now), weeding the front flowerbeds. Then I'll move in and do the little stuff like changing some outlets and other nonsense items from the home inspection. WHO THE HELL WALLPAPERS EVERY CLOSET

House is already hardwired for a generator, and is built very well - steel beam in basement, poured concrete foundation, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
Very nice Nick! Place has some character and looks like you should have enough room for activities. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teds89IROC View Post
Congrats Nick! Looks like a great piece of property and layout
Yes, probably .5-.7 acre or so is useable for bocce/frisbee/hangouts, moreso in the front than the backyards. The rest can be excavated or re-graded but that'll be a lot of work. It's a starter home and not my long term plan so I'm not too worried about that.

The mountain slopes towards the backyard/deck. Deck will need to be removed (only 6" above ground anyhow) and replaced with a patio. It's the only large scale project and not necessarily one to be completed the first year. It's a shame because it's a new composite deck with vinyl railings.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote