View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #49
BonzoHansen
Admin.

January 2012 Car of the Month

RiggsLW81's 1987 Camaro IROC-Z

Name: Chris R.
About the car: I purchased this car in the summer of 2005. It was a stock 350 TPI/700R4 car with some basic bolt ons. I envisioned a supercharged street machine with daily driver manners. After a two year nightmare with a (cough cough) "performance shop" that could not handle the build, the car was shipped to Josh at JS Performance. He did an excellent job of building both the motor and transmission. I am proud to drive this as often as possible, and show everyone how awesome a 3rd gen can truly be.

Motor: JS built 355 w/ Vortech (V-2) Supercharger, Edelbrock Performer Aluminum Heads, SRP Forged Pistons, Scat Rods, full roller valvetrain, Lingenfelter Super-Ram Intake, 1000 CFM throttle body, Edelbrock shorty headers and a Magnaflow Catback

Transmission: JS built 700R4 / 9.5 Vigilante Stall Converter

Suspension: Spohn torque arm & lower control arms, Edelbrock Panhard bar, Eibach springs, Hawk pads...more I'm forgetting

Appearance: (Exterior) Daytona Iroc Cowl Hood, billet grille, Silverstar headlights, Diamond Clear parking lamps, clear turn signals, blackout taillights, tint (interior) Nordskog Digital Gauges on dash and A-pillar triple pod, 1997 Camaro Seats front & back, and a Grant steering wheel