View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 08:46 AM   #127
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I have been spending some time on the Holley sniper forums looking into the fuel pressure topic. unfortunately, in all the reading I have done, even the experts use a mechanical gauge. holley sniper software doesn't have provisions for a fuel gauge on a datalog, and I have yet to find a single person who has a setup that uses a fuel pressure monitoring device tied into the sniper software in any way shape or form.
https://forums.holley.com/showthread...8356#post88356

the other option people do is put in a fitting with a schrader valve and then spot-check the fuel pressure if they are troubleshooting a fuel issue. a port and fitting for a schrader valve would look pretty unsightly at that spot on my engine so that wasn't an option for me. luckily I am not having fueling issues, but it is nice to now know that I do indeed have proper fuel pressure.

So as it stands, I am going to leave the gauge for a little bit. not entirely sure I like the look of having it there or not. since its a 1 minute install/removal of the -8 an fitting, what I might do is only install it if I want to check/troubleshoot a future issue. and then keep it in a box on the parts shelf off of the engine. the JB weld was not to mount the gauge, the threads are holding it firmly in place, but without something (teflon sealant, tape, jb weld etc) there was no way I could think of to get the gauge's fitting to seal while also keeping the numbers facing upwards. If I had to resort to cranking the fitting tight to prevent leaks resulting in the numbers being up-side-down.. I would probably sell the car for scrap metal. If you guys had/have any other thoughts, please let me know.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 07-16-2020 at 08:48 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote