View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 07:36 AM   #48
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro90rscam View Post
You never know year in and year out what kind of cars will be rolling into the show or event. I myself believe that winning multiple awards can not go on forever!
Agreed, although I lean more towards racing, it still the same. If you don't keep upgrading someone will be better. Just when you think you're done, you're not!

I want to make one point that I don't think everyone understands? Well, maybe you do, but it's still worth stating:

The NJFBOA puts this event on with a very low budget, the club sponsors and what donations we can get, and allot of donated time. Starting with Island dragway basically letting us take over the track for free. If we had the money for an outright track rental, or car count high enough to get exclusive use of the track things would be different. So having T~n~T cars there is just something we can't control right now. I work at a dragstrip and know what it cost. And we really have to thank and appreciate Island dragway letting us do this each year. They would be loosing money with just us there. Trust me, there are very , VERY few tracks that would let anyone do this, you would need to rent the track, and the cost wouldn't be like a track rental for 10 cars. You need allot of money to take over a track and run an actual competition event, full staffing and prep'd lanes is allot of overhead!

The car show works the same way. We would love to give out a bunch more trophies and add classes and other special awards. We do as much as we can with what we have.

A big THANK YOU! needs to go the sponsors and companies that gave us what they did. Although the car count wasn't what we wanted, we did have some money, awards, and lots of other goodies this year! That's a very positive thing as each year we are attracting more interest and getting more backing.

If we could just get the weather to cooperate I think this event would really grow!
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!