View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #50
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

I thought it turned out well considering the weather. We obviously lost quite a few people who saw rain before they even left their house. I thought about the cost and it's a little more than a normal car show, but when you think about the fact there is racing to watch as well, it's not a bad price at all. Camaros at Carlisle is not cheap and there's no racing going on. I didn't get to talk to as many people at the car show because I was watching the racing time trials. It was the first time I made it to the track this year so I wanted to watch some racing. Dam Hondas! As for the quality of cars in the show, when you see a nice, clean, well done car, it helps you identify what you still need to do to step it up. Limiting awards is a nice idea, but unfortunately it would get subjective to the show staff to figure out which awards to take away from a specific car. Maybe if we set a level for each award/class it would help explain why a particular car did not win something. I think the people judging realized they were voting for a certain car as best of show and therefore wanted to vote for another car in that particular class. I actually liked that there were less classes this year because it takes time to go around the cars to give an honest vote and I wanted to watch some racing and talk to people in the pits. More classes means more awards which means it might raise the cost so consider that. 3rd gen class was incredibly difficult to judge because of the quality of cars and I think that says a lot right there. If we get enough cars in the show we might be able to break it into mostly stock vs modified. I like the location and the fact that there is a car show and racing. A swap meet for people to sell used parts was considered but should be a strong possibility for next year. If can get enough people to come out then maybe we can chase those dam Hondas off the track!

-