View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #66
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
OK, so if you add the shocks to what is pictured it is ~$3,000
no. for all that I paid well under $2000. At hotchkis site msrp pricing that picture is $1565.95. Add $543.95 for shocks. $2109.90. I'm sure savvy shopping reduces that price somewhat

http://www.hotchkis.net/tvs_systemsm..._firebird.html

I'm not really sure why you are arguing this. will you feel better if I say the far superior Schwartz setup will be 4 times more? It’s all about intended usage and budget. The obvious OP comment “will just be cruising around in” makes his choice of the TVS kit pretty good. Sure maybe he could save a few bucks here & there but it’s a nice balanced and proven package. So no need for the 10/10ths the JS chassis would bring as you’ll never use it. Hell, for that setup I think from what I know now I might pass on any tubular arm, do GW del-a-lums in UCA and LCA and a tall UBJ and call it a day. Or what I did and keep the stock lower and a decent UCA. And of course SFCs and solid body mounts.

OP, my car is available for cruises whenever you want, Full Hotchkiss TVS.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote