Thread: Ford 9"
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
foxriderry

Ford 9"

ok so today I dove in and order my ford 9" axle housing from quick performance, ive yet to order the center section yet, but id like some opinions on whether I went the right way with it or not. Im mainly looking for a street/strip car, right now its a 6spd heads cam ls1 Camaro ss. I may go to a turbo in the spring time, I guess that depends on the bank account and transmission. Here's what I ordered

QPF9F9HA QP GM 1993-2002 F Body 9 Inch Housing & Moser Axles
Housing Center Piece: New Fabricated (light & strong) - $100.00
Housing Ends: Billet GM Flush (with seal surface for GM 93-02 F body disc brakes)
Moser Axle Spline Count: 35 Spline
Moser Axle Wheel Studs: 1/2"-20x2"
Gundrill Axles 35 or 40 spline only (lightening): No
Star Flange Axles (lightening): No
What year is your car?: 2002
4 Channel ABS/TCS rings installed: yes - $200.00

im gonna go with 4.11's for the center section, im not sure if I should go with a spool or what so any input on that would be greatly appreciated

also not to sure about axle seals and bearings, im not sure if the axle comes with them installed and what not, so any input on that would be great

quick performance says that their centers come set and ready to bolt in but I think it would be wise to check backlash however, im not certain how to do that so maybe when the time comes someone could help me out?

I think that's it as far as worries, its another learning experience for me and I cant wait!!!

2002 Camaro SS H/C/I 9" 413/398 [Lola]
2016 Dodge Durango [Kat]
2007 Honda CRF-80 [Little Toni]
2014 Ducati 1199 Panigale R [Luci]
foxriderry is offline   Reply With Quote