Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:44 PM   #1893
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

So there are quiet a few issues with the car, but im not sure they are actual issues. It may just be the nature of the beast.

1. There is a lot of creeks and squeaks on the inside of the car. Im pretty sure that is due to the panels having about half the fasteners, no sound deadening, and it being an Fbody. Not really concerned with this, but an issue none the less. I am not jersey mike, so i will not doing anything about this.

2. The passenger side suspension is VERY creaky. If i bounce the passenger side it makes a lot of noise. If i bounce the driver side it makes no sound. The suspension set up in the front end is Strange Coilovers, Spohn Ajustable tubular lower Arms(Spherical rod ends), Spohn non adjustable tubular upper arms(poly bushings) and a PA Racing Tubular K. Thinking a WD40 bath as step 1.

3. The driver side suspension feels like its made of bricks. If i hit anything larger than a manhole cover, it jolts my spine into next week. Maybe the rebound rate needs to be adjusted? Seems odd that the driverside is so stiff when i hit a pot hole, let the driver side lifts much more than passenger side on take off.

4. Im not sure if im not used to driving anything with a large stall, but something doesnt seem right. Car has a Yank SS4000. If i punch it from a dead stop, it seems perfect. But if im on the highway cruising and give it some little pedal to change lanes or something it seems "floaty". And it sometimes seems like it doesnt know if it wants to be on 3rd or overdrive. Im going to recheck trans fluid and go from there.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote