View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 07:37 AM   #493
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Woah, time flies. I have not had a chance to update this thread in quite a while. Life has been ultra busy, but the car has not been forgotten. In fact, in early August I finally got serious about the topic of a better 60foot and the hopeful "money shot" wheelie photo that I have always wanted to put on my garage wall. Spent a LOT of time researching stuff like transbrakes, converters, and suspension stuff, mostly on Thirdgen.org. In fact, I created an entire new thread about it over there and it is filled with pure technical info, advice, photos, videos, results, etc. Here is the link to it: https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tran...d-wheelie.html (lots to read, not short)

Anyways, as you will see at the bottom of that thread, I do have the ew converter installed and the car is happy. I just need the rainy weather to cooperate so I can get this thing more dialed in before winter arrives.

The old Edge racing3400 lockup converter was great. Still it! It did outstanding things for the car, on the street, dragstrip, autocross, and on nitrous. But to hit my personal goals, I knew I needed to get something a little more purpose built for the car. Dave Meyers at Yank converters is awesome, and we spent a LOT of time on the phone in early August discussing all aspects of this topic. He is the owner of the company for decades, and every time I call, he is the only one who I speak with, no middle man and no confusion; very cool. We spec'd out a PAS-3800 which is the Power Adder Series with lockup and a 3800 stall. He has it setup to somehow take care of the BIG rpm drop that I used to experience between WOT shifts while drag racing too or as he called it the "shift extension". Its great. And the lockup clutch is super awesome too! For comparison, the Edge 3400 converter I would have it unlocked in OD on the highway and activate lockup manually and it would take 400-500 rpms out of the engine. The new yank 3800, If I lock it up in the same rpm are on the highway it takes 900-1000 rpms out of the engine! Truly feels like I have a 5th gear.

Some photos.

filling up trans fluid with little buddy

Last edited by IROCZman15; 10-01-2022 at 07:51 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote