View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 09:15 PM   #1
notsonic

Rearended, any shop and parts suggestions?

So I got rearended in mid August just one week after finally get a new engine installed. It's a 1995 3.4l Camaro.

I know that it's most likely not worth the cost to repair but that's neither here nor there, I want to get it fixed.

There are a few problems.

The biggest problem is the rear body panel, it seems to be called the tail light panel (NOT the part that says Camaro, but the metal body panel underneath that) is completely discontinued and not being produced.

The second issue is that there might be some damage to the end of the frame rail. The rear seems straight, no damage to the quarters, and the hatch more or less lines up. I've been driving it and it's fine. (Although there is some vibration now but I believe that is from the engine swap and not the accident as it was somewhat present before the accident. I'm thinking it's the trans mount or universals.)

The third issue is there is some light rust around the rails (body shop didn't want to put it on a frame rack) and general rusting around the rear panel.

I realize this post will be more helpful with pictures. Once this rain lets up I'm going to pull the bumper and take some.

Also for what it's worth I have a complete good condition donor car to use if it's reasonable to cut these panels out;

Anyone have any suggestions for where to get it fixed or where to find the rear panel? I've been to three shops. One said no, one said cut and weld for $3000, one said hammer it out for $700. Just looking for more input/options.

Last edited by notsonic; 10-01-2015 at 09:15 PM.
notsonic is offline   Reply With Quote