View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #10
V
Stalker

One piece of advice, check the trunk for water leaks.
I found out the hard way yesterday. And after looking on the web, it seems its a common issue.

Some claim the water gets in through the license plate valance bolts
Some say through the taillight bolts and grommet.
Some say the rear window pillar seals leak.

I took out all the bolts, valance and lights and sealed them with clear silicone. I didnt see any traces through those. BUT i did find that one side taillight grommet was pulled all the way into the trunk and could cause water intrusion.

HOWEVER, I believe i found the main cause in my case at least, and something i did not find mentioned on the web at all.
Behind the side carpeting trim along the back of the inner wheelwell, there is a grommet through which passes a wiring harness and a drain tube. Im not sure where the tube comes from, but in my case, on BOTH sides of the car, this drain tube was not all the way through the grommet to the outside of the car. I moved the one on the driver side and it caused water to come out. Its been dry since i washed the car yesterday morning. To fix it, i pushed the tube all the way till i could feel it fully outside the car and then i put silicone sealant inside the rubber grommet to seal the tube in place and prevent any water from backing up into the trunk again.

Now im just waiting for the trunk carpet insulation to dry, and then we shall see if it leaks again...

...just wanted to give you a heads up...

Last edited by V; 04-25-2010 at 01:42 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote