View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
86blackbetty

1986 Trans am Restoration

Hi everyone ...This is a 1986 Trans Am LG4 305/V8 Auto. My dad bought her in 1989 and used it as a daily driver up until 2000 when he purchased a newer car. Therefore the car was parked in the backyard and left there for 11 years till about a month ago. The car was still in running condition and well maintained inside when it was parked. I myself have always loved all fbodys but really love the 3rd gens, but things happen and i ended up buying an integra, instead of fixing the bird . About a month ago me and my dad decided to bring it back to life. We filled the tires with a air compressor and where surprised to find out that they held air (still have those tires on for now). The car did not start so we had it towed to my mechanic. The car was given a tune up, new timing chain, distributor, alternator, belts, hoses, brakes, thermostat and relay, Kyb Shocks, FloTech shorty Headers, 2.5inch piping no cat, 80 series Flowmaster. The interior is clean. The steering wheel has a little rust and the center lid is cracked. I removed the headliner, sail panel, and visor to get redone with black suede. I also found me a nice pair of 02 ws6 black leather seats for it. Used dash pad with no cracks. None of the interior is installed yet. We will be installing it after we finish painting the car(rustoleum lol). We just started sanding her down,the cars body is in good condition with some paint chips. (i am no professional nor is my dad) Hope this works. It cant come out worse than how it was . Future plans are to lower it on some sportlines with gta gold honeycombs, a cam( just want to swap out the stock cam in the Lg4), posi rear with a new set of gears and in the FUTURE a 350 swap. The pictures where it looks shiny is because the car was wet ,, but you can tell the difference when its all dried up. I'll keep the updates coming and any advice will help ! Im trying to upload my pictures(jpeg) but i think there to big .. how do i make them smaller ?
86blackbetty is offline   Reply With Quote