View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
RiggsLW81

IAC Valve issue - Help

had the IAC valve replaced in my 02 caddy seville sts, as the original one was shot. since putting in the new one, first few days was fine, ran great... now I am getting random surges in RPMs when im idle at a stoplight and the car is in gear. up to 1000-1200, then back down to 500, and repeats, and repeats.

if i put in in park, the RPMs surge up to to 1500-2500 and stay there, as if im holding the throttle down. both these problems come and go, and do not take place every day, but at random times. IAC was then replaced a second time under warranty, in case the part itself was bad, (problems still persist after 2nd install)

it also occasionally stalls out, but seems to happen only under 5 mph, like in heavy stop n go traffic, or ina parallel parking situation.

all these problems are totally sporadic, and do not happen all the time, but very randomly.

I did my homework and checked caddy forums, it mentioned to make sure the throttle body was cleaned as well (and it was during the IAC install), some sights spoke of a "learn procedure" for the IAC, which I performed as well. they did not work. I even took to my local caddy dealership to ask tech what they thought, and they guy said the part is plug and play and doesnt have a "learn procedure". wanted me to drop off the car, but no way in hell I'm taking to to the dealership who wants $140 an hour in labor !!! yeah right !!

any ideas here guys? im at a loss and need to get this sorted out as it is my daily driver. thanks

Another trip inside the acid bath..no salvation and the grave is coming fast..

Last edited by RiggsLW81; 02-09-2014 at 01:43 PM.
RiggsLW81 is offline   Reply With Quote