View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #24
IROC-MIKE

I spoke with one of the members of Class Glass Corvette last night. I told him we were planning on rolling in together as a group but some of us may not be able to make it until 10:30. The show starts at 9 and usually they don't want cars driving around more than an hour into it because of the pedestrian safety. They will allow individuals to arrive almost anytime all day, but a group of 10 cars at once will be a problem because at that point they will open the second lot to such a large group. Of course we could do that at 10:30 with no problem, but the main lot is really where you want to be. I asked if they could hold a block of a dozen spots together for us in the main lot so we could park side by side and not get split into 2 different parking lots if some show up when it opens and others show later. He just so happened to be at their club meeting to discuss the show so he was able to go over it with the other organizers and they offered us this:

As long as a few of us show up at 9 he is going to put us in the best location right at the front of the entrance. I asked he put us there because we wont have other cars behind us and can sit behind the cars on the grass. In order to do this, he wants us to have at least 6 cars there when the show starts (or by 9:30 the latest) and said we are to park on the lines taking up 2 spaces per car. He will meet me at the gate and tell the others that its OK for us to park like this. This way they will be able to fill in the show field around us. As the rest of you arrive, we can safely move single cars over to fit them in without causing too much disruption. The clubs main concern is that if they hold the best spots open and only 3 of us show: A) it wont look good on us and B) they will be refusing Corvettes parking at a Corvette show which looks bad on them. They usually only do this for Corvettes but I told him we were showing as a club and I'm kind of sticking my neck out asking them to make this work for us. I dont want him, me, or this group to look bad if by 11:00 we have only 4 cars. So, IF the 8 of you who already are listed to show and are ABSOLUTELY going to make it, I will get there about 8:45 to lock down the spots which, again will only be reserved until 10:00. I go to this show with my dad & his Corvette group so I can easily park with them if we cant get enough people to make this work but I'd much rather represent with the F-Bods. I'm in Wyckoff so its just a 5 minute ride for me but I will be taking the car out for a stretch much earlier to warm it up so I'm more than happy to meet up with others who want to roll in with me.

As of last night Jersey Mike is going to still meet up at Dunkin in Wyckoff but is trying to push that time earlier because they said you MUST BE THERE BY 10 or there is a POSSIBILITY they will ask us to give up the empty spots to random cars before they open the second overflow lot (which is usually around 10:30 if the turnout is as good as expected). You will still be allowed to enter but you could be alone somewhere else in the first lot or as a group in the second lot if its already opened before you arrive. They expect it to be one of their best shows because the day is supposed to start sunny and be good all day so the field fills up quick. Last year we had snow flurries and it still made it to the second lot! I know of a few other 3rd Gens that will be there solo, so I'll ask them if they want to park with us. The organizers are excited that we're going to make such a huge F-Body showing and if this works out well, I'm sure I can get them to hook us up for their Spring show.
IROC-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote