View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #16
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
That's not correct, and flies in the face of how flavor testing is done by flavor/fragrance houses. Flavor testing protocols are written with exact temperature specifications. Perception of sweetness, bitterness, etc will vary based on food temp. Food will taste different based on heat.

Whether or not you give a **** is personal preference.
It's not about whether I give a **** or not. It tastes the same warm or cold, if it tasted different, I would have a preference, if it was hot or cold for taste.
I like some things warm, or reheated for other reasons, but none of them are based on taste. I like tomato soup, made with cold milk and I will drink it like that, or sometimes I will put it in the microwave for one minute to take the cold off, it still tastes the same. Ravoli, beefaroni, chicken soup, etc all taste the same right out of the can as heated. They are all cooked already.

How flavor testing is performed is irrelevant, if I say it tastes the same hot or cold, I am not wrong. I gave evidence of how some flavors don't change based on temp, none of you have proved how it does.

Again, I say, your perception is that the taste changes and I think this has to do with you all having a sense of smell. You're conflating taste with smell, as most people do. but the actual TASTE is the same. I can see how people think something may taste different because you can smell the food more at a warm temperature rather than cold. I have a diminished sense of smell, I can still smell things, but they are not as pungent as I think most people smell.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote