Thread: 92 Firebird
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 02:12 PM   #131
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

It's been a while since I updated. I put the car completely back together and have been driving it a lot. Did the Ultimate street car race and drove it home.

I still have a few more things I want to finish, but I like having a car I don't have to do anything on. But I had a small problem a few weeks ago with the slave cylinder, I believe I over traveled it for too long and it started to fail the seal slowly. I was on the way home from somewhere and I was losing the ability to get it into gear when stopped, I would have to pump it up to be able. I had bought 2 T56s years ago, and for some reason I took the slaves off of both. One of them had a slave spacer and the other didn't and this must have been the one that did. I ordered a new slave and got it in last weekend, also installing the spacer. Now that it is in, the transmission shifts much easier, whereas before I had to put the pedal ALL the way down, and it would still feel like it wasn't completely disengaging, when everything was hot it was still a little difficult to get into first and the second shift was usually hard too. That is all gone now.
Now I have another problem, ugh. The screw hole for the torque arm mount at the top is stripped and the torque arm is loose, so eventually I have to pull the trans AGAIN and put in a thread repair, but that should fix it and be the last of the things that could really go wrong.

Before I put the carpet in I put down some FatMat, and then a layer of mass loaded vinyl, but I only got the firewall, under the seats and up and over the hump. I still need to get behind all the rear interior panels, the back wall behind the tail lights, the doors and in the rear wheel well area. The car is much quieter than it used to, but I still hear the road noise on the highway. I think a lot of it is the doors not been treated yet though. I also need to hook up the heated Corvette mirrors (that would have been useful this morning) do my door lighting, under the handle and the road lighting to shine on the ground when the door is open.

Last edited by PolarBear; 10-31-2017 at 02:15 PM.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote