View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 07:46 AM   #225
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Little light on media for the update but pretty good progress made. Here are the highlights.

Fuel pressure was still an issue under boost so after some deliberation and Pal discussion, decided to drop the tank which identified a semi unhappy looking sending sock. I wouldn't say it was clogged but seemed like it needed some love. I bought a new tank since they are generally inexpensive and got that swapped with Chris while ripping off the old sock (left the open pipe) while adding a new inline pre-pump filter (external).

Fuel pressure was better but still not where I wanted it. Chris recommended a good sock so I went that route and also grabbed a new sending unit. I got that installed last week, removed the external pre-pump filter and installed a hot wire kit I had on hand because why not. Fuel pressure was up from before and the entire system seems plenty happy now. Huzzah!

Prior to this, I was back and forth on how to address the front of the car simply sitting too low. It was low before the turbo but now with an exhaust pipe running under the front of the car in the pocket between the K and lower A-arm, it just has no clearance. I spoke with Customworks in CA who sold the complete suspension setup and they recommended going with a front coil over set from Viking. I wasn't keen on spending the money but needed to make the car more functional as I was concerned about every single dip or bump in the road.

Chris and I had fun putting those in but it solved the issue completely and rides half decent to boot. Car hits 4lbs of boost very easily and with a few more clicks, I'll be looking to see 8 at the peak. I may look to do that in a more controlled environment given my backgrounds while open and clear....not looking to piss all my neighbors off just yet or put myself into a tree.

Lunch ride to Wawa

Gotta let em know! Thanks Undergrounds!

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote