View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 02:25 PM   #2
V
Stalker

Similar with my '01 SS. I put a ton of work into it, then it ended up getting parked while I was in the army. I was barely able to enjoy it so I decided to sell it. Sometimes I wish I kept it but if I had, I would have never got to experience other cars I owned after that. Over the years I got to have all types of cars, v8, v6, I4 turbo, auto manual 4x4 etc etc.. and I really got to learn what I liked and didn't like.

I think I also recently avoided another bad automotive decision... LS swapping my 88 GTA. Yes, everyone loves a good ole LS swap, but for me, I realized I didn't need it. The car is very original, even though it needs a few things, but with all the money to get it LS powered, and even if it had 500+hp to be fun, it wouldn't be practical. I couldn't daily drive it, I couldn't put my family in it, and once again it would sit in a garage, not at my house and collect dust like my SS did. That's why I'm no longer concerned about a project car(I have enough already) and I want a car that I can go to shows with, where i can bring my family IN the car itself. I want to be able to go on trips to visit family/friends in MY car, not always having to take my wifes car.
My new car will be something that I hope to keep for at least 10 years.
V is offline   Reply With Quote