View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 11:48 AM   #4
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

All about perspective so tough to say given one issue could lead towards something good.

The Hellcat purchase was a mistake on paper as the car and service network left much to be desired. However, I met some great people from it and when the car worked it was damn fun. It led me to getting into the C7Z which I really enjoyed so again, all about perspective.

For my E55, I probably should have skipped that car as I got the bug for one and could have searched a bit more for a nicer model. Also, I should have delayed getting some of the cosmetic issues more up to my standard as it really didn't net any major value increase but did make it easier to sell. As opposed to going with replacing the failed cats which were a bit of a nightmare to swap (sorry Chris/Adam), long tubes would have been better overall. For all I know the manifold studs would have broken off so perhaps it still was the better of the options. I got a good taste of used german car ownership and unlikely I will get into one again unless "passion" takes over.

Moving on to the 81 TTA, I should have been more engaged on the project as the car sat and lingered for a bit as my Dad was doing what he could to keep it moving. Life happens and the car sat but as of this year, it's getting back on track and snowballing nicely. Also, should have ditched the carb on it very early but I did not know the full magic of Holley at that time. Don't half ass something, always whole ass.

Next, I got the itch to do some reasonable/simple mods to the V3. Expectations were set and a healthy amount of dollars spent for initially very meh results. Everything got sorted to a much more acceptable result but solidifies my notion that nothing is ever easy or goes as planned (regardless of how much you try).

The last item is not taking enough time to go enjoy my toys. Go driving, racing, etc.

Everything else I chalk up to knowingly wasting $ on the hobby which is just par the course.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote