View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #65
Frosty

So you're basing your opinion on a few idiot dealerships? Got it.

Both engines had a bottom end failure of some sort, I wasn't having my techs pull it apart because A) they weren't getting paid for it and B) I told GM to **** off, we're wasting our time finding out why their ****box broke. That's what they have their TAC and PQC departments for. These were also low mileage cars, one only had like 3500 miles on it if I recall correctly(it's been over a year so I don't remember the exact but it was very low).

Yes I know for a fact that the vehicles were serviced correctly because they only came to my service department and there are only a few techs that touch them(NOT oil change guys). There's plenty of training on them, whether the dealerships that you went to had all of their techs go through said training is another story. Mine did. Do techs make mistakes? Absolutely but mine wouldn't make a mistake due to a lack of knowledge, that I would stake everything I own on.

Yeah I'm sure the OP really cares about tuning stuff out. I don't think he's looking to do anything to the car but drive it. I see you own a Cruze diesel, I'm glad you're happy with it, I'm just telling the OP what I saw and what we experienced in the service department. I'd personally be uneasy buying a Cruze diesel.

Also, if someone in a service department actually said "I didn't know they made them in a diesel" then GTFO of there. That's not me nor my guys. I know my **** and I don't care if I'm arrogant about it. I know what I need to know, my senior techs know what they needed to know and we made people happy. There's a reason why I led(well top 5) the region in CSI when I was in the business, there's a reason why my dealership had very little comeback issues. I can't and won't speak for other dealerships, nor can I or will I speak for every single Cruze diesel out there but I'm telling the OP my opinion based on what I saw with my own eyes, in the real world. Not based on one owner, not based on some schmuck on a message board(not saying you, generally speaking). Take it for what it's worth.

I don't doubt that people have gone 200K on them....I've seen a Kia go that far too......does that suddenly make the Kia the most awesomest(not a word)car out there? Ahhh, no.

I also stated that I haven't worked in the dealership world since last July, things definitely could've changed. I hope they did, I'll always be a GM guy, hell when I'm physically able to go back to work I may even get back into that line of work(because I'm a glutton for punishment). I'm just going by what I saw as an actual professional in the field.

Though I will say it pisses me off hearing you say what some dealerships told you or couldn't even figure out they were on the fuel filter rather than the OLM....it's ridiculous. Either they weren't trained properly or they just don't care, either way I wouldn't let them touch my stuff that's for sure.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 06-13-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote