View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #30
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

So, the truck died when I was trying to move it around after I got it out of the garage. I thought it was crappy gas. Pulled a plug out of it yesterday and that looked normal, not wet like I thought it was going to be, so I sprayed come carb cleaner in the carb and she fired right up. Did that a few times and looked down the throat of the carb while it was running, but I didnt see any fuel being pulled.

Looks like it may be a weak fuel pump, or the carb just needs a rebuild. I have been looking around trying to find a carb kit for a Rochester 2 barrel, not so easy. Then I thought of Napa! They have LOTS of 2 bbl parts, so i pull the number off the carb 7024110. None of the kits for the 69 C10 307 list that number in any of the kits. So i go to the 350, same kits. Google the number and it comes up 64 Corvette, Chevy II and Chevelle 283! Well at least Napa had the rebuild kit for it. Got a new fuel pump on order too, but I have to say if the fuel pump fixes it I am not going to rebuild the carb, lol.

Should have that stuff early next week.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote