View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #11
V
Stalker

My Dodge Ram doesn't get inspection ('96 2500 Cummins) and I never got hassled. The most that has happened was at a traffic check point one day, as I rolled up the cop looked at me and asked "is this diesel?" I said yes, and he said have a good day. Its pretty obvious even 100% stock that the truck is diesel but i guess the emblems on the doors could throw people off. They say "Ram1500 V8 Magnum" only because that what the truck was from which I got my replacement doors and I have yet to put my original emblems back on. But even like that I don't get hassled.

When I had my '01 SS, I had collector registration and one night a cop stopped me and asked "what kind of fake sticker is that?" Then asked why I would have a roll cage in a collector vehicle, I stared at him until he followed up with "is it a bolt-in?" to which I relied yes. I was quite annoyed, he also tried telling me that my expired license and registration mattered. I told him it didn't. Finally his partner realized I was right, and they let me go, clean and clear.

Last edited by V; 05-14-2015 at 09:41 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote