View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #59
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Awesome. Thanks fellas!! I had thought of a few of those things,
But you brought up a few things I hadn’t thought about. Thank you

When I sent a few emails last year they assured me that it would be a perfect street motor that after some initial tuning/self learning time.. would be very reliable on the street and able to be hammered on at the track as well. I totally agree that it should be a street engine first and foremost, like you said, not compromising street driveability to gain a few more top end horsepower. I will ask them for the full detailed parts list, numbers, plugs, oil, recommendations for water pump, and torque specs. I probably won’t even hook up the nitrous for a few months of so since it will be a big jump up to the +500 horsepower/torque ball game. I want to make sure the car and powertrain is happy before drilling a 200 shot and trying to run a low number. I still want to autocross this car too which is why I didn’t want turbo or blower configuration. Mid range horsepower would be optimal. Street car.

Nyes performance engines will be building the engine . Top to bottom. I spend a lot of time over the past few years reading and reaching out to people who have their engines and I can only find one bad review on them (by some dumb dirt track racer bozo) on yellowbullt.com and when he complained, the yellowbullet people ate him alive and had nothing but good things to say about nyes engines. I am NOT using the eagle crank and rods but instead paying the extra $500 for the Callie’s crank and rods. I will also pay the extra $100 for the arp 2000 level bolts.

http://nyesautomotive.net/site/mobil..._EFI.html#2619

I ha e more correspondence but here are two of Their shorter emails to me:
“Hello Dave
I think the 406 would be a great combo for your car with the Holley Sniper system, we can get the cam correct for cruising and racing, as for the wet nitrous it will work but you will need a seperate fuel pressure regulator for the nitrous system. The fuel pump in the tank is a great idea and makes for a clean install. Let me know what your zip code is and i will get you a total price with freight.
Thank you
Pat”

And

“Hello Dave
We use the Sniper system and it works well on this engine, we would open up the ring gap a bit for the 150-200 shot and should not need to do anything else different, we do use ARP head bolts on this engine. As for savings for lack of a fuel pump we can deduct $200.00 if we don't send a pump.

Thank you, if you have any other questions please let me know
Pat”

So

I plan on keeping my current exhaust setup for a bit while I get the car sorted out. It is DynoDon’s 1 3/4Inch mid length headers to a 3” holley cat back, and a 3” electric cutout with aero chamber muffler. After talking to a bunch of drag racers in the pits at events and knowledgeable people online, it’s probably the very lowest I should have with the engine, but will work. It would be about $2000 or more for a set of 2” headers and a 4” magnaflow exhaust with muffler. I won’t have that in the budget. My Dyno dons headers should bolt right up to the dart pro1 heads.

I’ll have to figure out bracketed for the trans Tv cable, reroute the -8 and -6 fuel
Lines, redo all the front accessories and brackets, too. My mini starter and alternator should work just fine. Air filter and assembly will also have to be figured out. Maybe a drop-base style ? Remember I’ll gain about 3/4” in engine height when that nitrous plate does go on.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 09-10-2019 at 11:54 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote