Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 02:19 AM   #2370
TunedByNishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Me and my tuner have been tossing the idea of heading to Island one night and trying for the 9 second slip, but we elected to just shut it down for the year. Seeing that 9 is something I want to happen with all my friends there.
Hey now...I never said we shouldn't go! Only that you might give the track officials at Island damn near a heart attack when you go 10.1 again with your tech card filled out with another "11.0 Estimated E.T"

I'm still DOWN.................!

Quote:

I was pretty annoyed it didn’t perform the same as last year, but Nishan reminded me about how last years DA was damn near perfect compared to this years crap air. So that made me feel a little better.
Last year's RaceWars we raced in -1500 DA. This year we raced in +500 DA. Big difference! Car did exactly what it should do on motor given the atmospheric conditions. At least you had something to make up for it this year!

Quote:
At the line I tried to purge the system again, and got nothing. Thank you for all that helped out diag my lack of purge. As you know, the gram would not be the same without the purge.
Everything we do is for the gram...

Quote:

Swapped in a filled bottle and turned on the heater. While waiting for the bottle to heat up, they announced the rental would be ending soon(fuq?) so I headed to the car and got ready for the last pass.

N20 Pass 5, .5 second ramp in

10.16 @ 132 – 1.40 60’

That pass felt amazing. I wanted to make 1 more pass and turn it down to 0 ramp in, but by the time we reviewed the log and got the car cooled it was done. I wish I could have gotten one more pass it, but oh well. Prob better off. Who knows what the nitrous would have done to the 10 bolt with no ramp in.
And we still had slightly more wiggle room to play with as far as nitrous settings go to help the car get out a little harder. I'd like to think it wouldn't of resulted in pushing it back to the trailer though. I had budgeted our time that we'd be ending around 6pm like last year so the 4pm last call was a surprise! I think with just a couple more adjustments we could have clicked offed a 10.0 pass on just a 150 shot. Would have been amazing! The car straight up gets down for how handicapped it is mechanically!

More improvements will come

Quote:

Thank you to everyone that was there to help me solve the demons I kept running into all day. Those will be sorted out in the near future. Thank you to Adam for having dumb strong fingers to pull fuses out and thank you to my friend Brown for having tiny hands to fix my purge. All the input and advice from all you guys have bought this from a rolling chassis to a car on the cusp of a 9 second slip. You guys are truly the best.
In all seriousness, I've literally watched you build, abort, sell, build, abort again, sell again, and build at least 15 F-Body cars. I'm really happy that this one is shaping up to be a realistic version of your goals. Proud & Happy to be a small part of it

Last edited by TunedByNishan; 11-20-2019 at 11:49 AM.
TunedByNishan is offline   Reply With Quote