View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 08:08 PM   #477
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Took the car out this afternoon, but whew there was a lot of people on the road so didn't get crazy. Made some adjustments to the idle in the driveway, and with the new placement of the oxygen sensors they are able to get a better more uniform reading of each bank.. but especially I am able to have a more accurate idle and I did NOT come home smelling like exhaust fumes which was a common occurrence these past two years. Still will need some tuning at WOT because I was seeing AFR numbers in 11s, 10,s and occasional 9s when I would get heavy on the pedal. Obviously it lacked power there too and I felt it. I'll see what I need to do to get that dialed in, but the exhaust/muffler is opening up and getting a nice louder sound to it. I know I have fouled plugs from all the quick on/off cold starts over the winter but I actually didn't expect really rich AFR numbers when doing the exhaust project; in fact I expected leaner afr numbers instead. Next drive I will take more datalogs, but the ones I took show some pretty heavy CL comp negative numbers (pulling fuel out) while still being rich. Light blue line is target AFR, pink line is actual AFR, and yellow line is CL comp%. I'll dig into it soon. Learn table data said it was Adding fuel at these rpms too!

All coolant temps and numbers were good on the dashboard. Had between 30-40 psi of oil pressure at hot idle, and right between 65-70 when on the throttle. Still running that winter 10-30 thin oil for another week and then I will switch back to the 20-50 VR1 for the rest of the year. The drivers side (holley) afr readings are about half a point leaner than the passenger side (AEM wideband) numbers. I think I am probably a little low on trans fluid too and might need a slight adjustment of the TV-cable, but will check that out. The new rear wheels handled just fine along with the skinnies. No rubbing from anything in the front or the back. Put some air in the rear drag bags too and the rear suspension was quite firm, so I'll tone it down if needed, but I don't plan on doing frequent road driving with these wheels on either. Took a few photos too.

oil pressure at idle:

..and oil pressure at moderate throttle:

Last edited by IROCZman15; 03-07-2022 at 05:50 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote