View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

First off, that article is a lot to read. Second, $125 for labor is CHEAP. Im at $140

But anyway, Jensend is correct. A dealership is "You get what you put in" mostly. Granted, your going to be held back sometimes by amount of work coming in, dispatch, level, ect. But I have a few techs in my shop that make $12-$13 an hour. With that being said, 2 of them make good money. There always making hours and always get good work that they can up sell. The other few that make the same amount per hour meet the 40 hours MAYBE once a month. Those few people are the same people that complain about the work there getting all day. The guys that make the hours dont stand around and compain about getting a 5k Service(Oil change), instead of complaining, they bring in the next car to work on while the oil is getting sucked out of the first car. So they are getting paid for 2 cars at once. All while checking over the car and getting quotes for additional work that may be needed. The other guys who complain will sit there and be lazy and do one car at once and wait to be fed a more work. If you want to make money in a dealership, you can. But you cant be lazy and a complainer.

Granted its a lot of money to supply your own tools for the techs just starting out. But a lot of the schools(UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln Tech, ect) all have programs that get up to 60% off and still allow you to pay it at low weekely rate. And as far as schooling goes, i know we(Audi) have programs at a couple tech schools that place kids directly at dealers. Some with certification before even working at a dealer.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote