View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 06:30 PM   #135
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

car is packed up and ready to roll out tomorrow for the 4 hour drive to UMI motorsports park/and the Holiday Inn for the two day UMI autocross event. I tend to overpack a lot of tools and supplies, so the car is pretty weighted down.

unfortunately I didn't have money in the spending budget this year for a really good set of autocross tires. with my wheel size I only have a few options, and I am probably eventually going to go with the Falken Azenis RT615K+ tires. I am going to speak to a lot of people at the event about tires and this will help me eventually make my decision... but for this year, these tires are going to me my weak-point. They are 5 years old and a 300 treadwear Nitto 555 set of tires. . its what I got, and I'll do my best to make them work good I hope. I am also very used to them since I've done about 6 autoX events with them, so there wont be any on-track surprises or learning with a new set of tires.

Aside from that, the car is ready. that fuel pressure gauge setup is off, and I actually called summit and they are going to send me a replacement gauge and replacement fitting for free, because I noticed that the on/off/on/off/tightening I had done caused the gauge to leak some glycerine! I am sending the old ones back. they were very helpful on the phone.

I know Scott, BTK, and a few of their buddies (Joe and Curt) will be at UMI. along with a few people I know on www.thirdgen.org. Should be a good time. wish us all good luck, but no matter what it will be fun!

Last edited by IROCZman15; 07-22-2020 at 07:32 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote